This is the web front end to Lake HeatFluxAnalyzer, a tool that allows users to calculate derived heat flux information for lakes.
Code and Other versions
The HeatFluxAnalyzer Matlab code is availble on github.
If used, please cite
Woolway, RI, ID Jones, DP Hamilton, SC Maberly, K Muraoka, JS Read, RL Smyth, and LA Winslow. 2015.
Automated calculation of surface energy fluxes with high-frequency lake buoy data.
Environmental Modelling & Software 70: 191–198.
Additional information can be found in the User Manual
Please zip up your input files and upload them to run. An input example set is provided
to help you create input of your own.
Input file format
The input files need to be in the format as described below.
- *Lake Name*.hfx: Configuration file for Heat Flux Analyzer run
- *Lake Name*.wtr: Time series of water temperature measurements (Celsius)
- *Lake Name*.rh: Time series of relative humidity measurements (%)
- *Lake Name*.airT: Time series of air temperature measurements (Celsius)
- *Lake Name*.wnd: Time series of wind speed measurements (meters/sec)
- *Lake Name*.sw: Time series of shortwave radiation measurements (W/m^2)
- *Lake Name*.par: Time series of PAR measurements (µmol/m^2/sec)
- *Lake Name*.lw: Time series of incoming longwave radiation measurements (W/m^2)
- *Lake Name*.lwnet: Time series of net longwave radiation measurements (W/m^2)